Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sketchbook Covers



To create my sketchbook cover I experimented with a few different covers. First, I tried to create a tree with branches flowing over the top leaving an opening for the title block. However, the drawing was not strong enough and did not carry the amount of presence I was looking for. Then, I explored a few covers that used both two dimensional and three dimensional features. I decided on this final cover because the circles on the front were varied and used many different layers developing an interesting design. The design was strong but at the same time did not take away from the sketches within the book. My reflection simply states a few of the things that I learned from creating this book including my strengths and weaknesses and new skills that I developed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment